Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Poetry #2

Poem Title: "Dust of Snow"
Author: Robert Frost
Illustrator: N/A
Publisher: London Mercury, Copyright 1020 (Original)
Number of pages: 1
Genre: Poetry

"The way a crow
Shook down on me
The dust of snow
From a hemlock tree

Has given my heart
A change of mood
And saved some part
Of a day I had rued."

Grade level: 5th
Content Area: ELA
Standard: 20) Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words [RF.5.3] 

a. Use combined knowledge of all letter-sound correspondences, syllabication patterns, and morphology (e.g., roots and affixes) to read accurately unfamiliar multisyllabic words in context and out of context. [RF.5.3a]

I would use this for 5th grade as a reading activity. I would introduce the new vocabulary word, "rued," read the poem aloud using different modes of reading (i.e. choral reading and partner reading), and follow up with a class discussion. I would be able to hear them read aloud and listen for fluency in their reading.

Image result for dust of snow robert frost

No comments:

Post a Comment